Monday 9 May 2011

Day Sixteen


Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you

This is stupid, as the chances of meeting a person who would inspire one's self is quite slim, I find this even more difficult because there is no one who I can directly say inspires me, yeah there are people I look up too, but they are mainly my friends, in terms of inspiration I dont believe in trying to be like someone as that in turn will make you a nobody and a copycat, sure do something similar. For example I'd much prefer to read an author who claimed they wanted to be the next Tolkien then write about alien worlds and space ships flying around with a dash of rom-com for good measure, than read someone who says the exact same and writes about a wee dude walking across the land to destroy a ring with 8 of his friends. What I'm saying is you should take inspiration from whats around you rather than people who you admire, ok you can get a mix of the both but chances are it's one or the other.

If I had to name someone who for me fits under those both things I'd have to say Derren Brown I think he is one of the greatest performers in this generation and he is also a very nice man, even not feeling 100% he still came out to see us (the fans who waited after the show) to see us do photos and signings and even have a chat and answer some questions, So I say he inspires me in the area that even though he is one of the biggest names on British TV he still has time for those who have out him there, which in some "fame" careers is a rare thing so I have a lot more respect for this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment